As a hospitality professional, you already have in mind the position that would best suit your qualifications and career goals. Starting a career onboard is not only a professional challenge, but it's also a significant change in lifestyle. It may take some time to acclimate to your new environment, but with flexibility, an open mind, and enthusiastic professionalism, you will soon become an essential part of our team.
We want you to be successful, and the most important part of that success is YOU! Throughout the interview process, please be sure to ask your Azamara Club Cruises representative any questions you may have Ready to get started?
Browsing the Jobs Database
As you might've already noticed, we designed this website to be user-friendly, so you can easily and quickly search for the right opportunity.
There are two options:
- Feel free to explore either the Hotel Operationsor the Marine Operations departments to find opportunities in each area.
- Click in the top right corner of the screen, in the "Search Jobs" box, to seek a specific position
Registering on the Website
If you're just browsing around, and would like to sign up for our quarterly newsletter, pleaseclick here. If you'd like to apply for a specific position that's on this database, we encourage you to apply online. Just find the position for which you'd like to apply, and click on "Apply Online". Please keep in mind that the more relevant details you provide in your application, the better our recruiters will be able to best match you to the right opportunity. Once you have registered, you'll be able to update your profile later, and perhaps even apply to another relevant opportunity when it becomes available. (Be sure to keep your username and password, for future visits!)
Submitting Your Resume and Cover Letter
We'll look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter through the online application (you will be able to send them to us as attachments). Keeping in mind that your resume is a snapshot representation of your professional qualifications, it's an excellent opportunity to portray with confidence all that you've achieved, to reflect your potential contributions to our team. (See right column for helpful tips).
The Interview Process
If your qualifications fit well with the requirements for a particular opportunity, a Azamara Club Cruises representative will reach out to you, for a preliminary screening. Depending on the role, there may be two (or more) follow-up interviews with other Azamara Club Cruises Human Resource and Operational representatives. These conversations are intended as excellent opportunities for us to learn more about your background, and for you to learn more about the position and the company. Take advantage and, ask as many questions as you'd like. Once the decision is made, we will notify you of your status.
Once You are Ready to Be Hired
If you are approved, and decide to embark upon this exciting new journey, there will be many details to consider, in preparation for your first assignment. Among them are three important items:
Fit For Duty
In the interest of health and safety, every crew member must successfully complete a preemployment medical examination (PEME) prior to joining the ship. This is a thorough medical examination, to ensure that the crew member is able to perform the required duties of the position and any safety training and emergency drills.
Clearance of a criminal background check is required for all crew members.
Ready to Travel?
Our ships travel to many amazing destinations, and in order to be able to work onboard, you will need certain documents. You must, of course, have a passport from your country, and it must be valid for at least one year from the date you join the ship. Also, depending on the itinerary, you may need a Seaman's book, and/or additional visas (i.e. C1D, travel visas, Schengen visa)
If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQ's, or ask your Azamara Club Cruises representative. We're here to help!
At Azamara Club Cruises we are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to providing you with a healthy, safe, and respectable work environment,
free of discrimination or harassment.
We expect all crew members to act with the highest ethical standards and principles, and to comply with key policies that
also convey the importance of mutual respect and tolerance of the differences among us.
Thank you for your interest in Azamara Club Cruises. We hope to see you onboard, soon!
We'll look forward to learning more about you!
- Always list employers in descending order (starting with your current employer)
- Clearly state the name of each employer, and the nature of the business
- If applicable, indicate the rating of the hotel or restaurant (stars, diamonds, rosettes)
- Indicate the size of the organization
- When indicating period of employment, always use this format: mm/yy - mm/yy
- Note at least three achievements you accomplished within each role
- Include the reason(s) for separation from each employer
- If there are any breaks in periods of employment, explain why
- Include relevant figures - like gross sales, cost avoided, size of team
We know you're nervous... and that's perfectly normal, of course. But please keep in mind that our initial perception of you is already
positive - that's why we're reaching out to you, for an interview!
Here are some helpful tips:
- Be promptly available at your appointment time (or maybe even a couple of minutes early).
- Be at your professional best. A conservative business suit is always a good choice. Nice tie for the gentlemen; minimal jewelry, for the ladies.
Pay attention to the details - we will.
- Be prepared with a copy of your resume in front of you (and have ready access to an electronic copy you can send quickly - just in case)
- Speak clearly, and answer concisely the questions asked of you (use examples whenever possible).
- Be engaged in the conversation; listen carefully, and have a list of relevant questions to ask the interviewer, at the end of the conversation
(you might find that most of them will be answered throughout the conversation, but it's good to have your own list ready, just in case).
- Most importantly, smile, be positive, and be YOURSELF... that's whom we really want to get to know!